Tuesday 7 April 2009

Clerkenwell Kitchen ...


The Lovely ladies at Clerkenwell Kitchen have started opening on Thursday evenings so now all of us who work in the day can sample their delights! Last Thursdays simple short menu was almost impossible to choose off, as I wanted everything. My friend Paula went for the witch sole served with brown shrimp and a wild garlic butter. I was torn between pork belly served with a saffron mash and cockles and the onglet served rare with marrow bread sauce, laura's chips and watercress. As you can see from the bloody plate I went for the onglet!
We had a rhubarb belini to start and a great bottle of Gruner Veltliner. The plate of cheese from the fromagerie broke us and I was sent home with a basket of lovely leaves (dandelion, sorrel, red chicory and some radishes) which had been over ordered. Nice one!













No comments: